When we look at Islam, we see the attempts of early humanity trying to explain stuff. I can just imagine the companions of Muhammad eagerly asking him these questions
- Where did the Earth come from?
The heavens and earth were joined and then God split them.(Quran 29:30)
- Where did humanity come from?
Adam and Eve. (Quran 4:1)
- How is it fortune tellers work?
The devils go up to heaven where God is, and sometimes they snatch a hearing of God’s decree to the angels. But the devils mix up the true stuff with falsehood. And that’s what shooting stars are. (Quran 41:12, 67:5)
- Where did magic come from?
Simple, the angels Harut and Marut taught it to men (2:102, Quran)
- Where does the sun go at sunset?
It goes below the Throne of Allah (Bukhari)
- What are jinns?
Magical creatures made of a type of fire that can possess you, they eat your poop, and they can go in your nose if you don’t wash it when you wake up, go in your mouth if you don’t cover it when you yawn, and run through your blood. Shaytan farts when the adhan (call to prayer) is made and flies away. It you don’t say Bismillah they eat part of your food and if you don’t pray before having sex they harm your child. They can appear sometimes to people or in the form of animals (black dog, snakes, etc). They also have religions – they can be Christian, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and they even have animals like we do! (Various Hadith)
- What is an eclipse?
It a a sign of Allah meant to scare us. (Nasai)
- Why does a child look like the mother or father?
Depends who has an orgasm first (Bukhari)
- Why do babies cry when they are born?
Because Shaytan is angry at humans and pricks them. (Muslim)
- Why does meat rot?
Because of the sins of bani Israeel (Muslim)
- Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe? (http://legacy.quran.com/29/30)
- O mankind, fear your Lord, who created you from one soul and created from it its mate and dispersed from both of them many men and women. And fear Allah , through whom you ask one another, and the wombs. Indeed Allah is ever, over you, an Observer. (http://legacy.quran.com/4/1)
- And He completed them as seven heavens within two days and inspired in each heaven its command. And We adorned the nearest heaven with lamps and as protection. That is the determination of the Exalted in Might, the Knowing. (http://legacy.quran.com/41/12)And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze. (http://legacy.quran.com/67/5)
- And they followed [instead] what the devils had recited during the reign of Solomon. It was not Solomon who disbelieved, but the devils disbelieved, teaching people magic and that which was revealed to the two angels at Babylon, Harut and Marut. But the two angels do not teach anyone unless they say, “We are a trial, so do not disbelieve [by practicing magic].” And [yet] they learn from them that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife. But they do not harm anyone through it except by permission of Allah . And the people learn what harms them and does not benefit them. But the Children of Israel certainly knew that whoever purchased the magic would not have in the Hereafter any share. And wretched is that for which they sold themselves, if they only knew. (http://legacy.quran.com/2/102)
- Narrated Abu Dharr:
Once I was with the Prophet (ﷺ) in the mosque at the time of sunset. The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “O Abu Dharr! Do you know where the sun sets?” I replied, “Allah and His Apostle know best.” He said, “It goes and prostrates underneath (Allah’s) Throne; and that is Allah’s Statement:– ‘And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (decreed). And that is the decree of All-Mighty, the All-Knowing….’ (36.38) http://sunnah.com/urn/44810
- Jinn made from smokeless fire:
‘Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “Angels were created from light, jinns were created from a smokeless flame of fire, and ‘Adam was created from that which you have been told (i.e., sounding clay like the clay of pottery).” (Muslim, http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/19/39)Jinns eat poop:
Abdullah bin Mas’ud narrated that :
Allah’s Messenger said: “Do not perform Istinja, with dung, nor with bones. For indeed it is provisions for your brothers among the Jinn.” (Tirmidhi, http://sunnah.com/tirmidhi/1/18)Devil sleeps in the nose overnight:
The Apostle of Allah (ﷺ) said. When any one of you awakes up from sleep and performs ablution, he must clean his nose three times, for the devil spends the night in the interior of his nose. (Bukhari and Muslim http://sunnah.com/muslim/2/31 http://sunnah.com/bukhari/59/104)Devil goes in mouth when yawning:
Abu Sa’id al-Khudri reported the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) as saying:
When one of you yawns, he should hold his hand over his mouth, for the devil enters. (Abu Dawud, http://sunnah.com/abudawud/43/254)
Shaytan farts when the azhan is made:
Yahya related to me from Malik from Abu’z-Zinad from al-Araj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “When the call to prayer is made Shaytan retreats, passing wind, so that he will not hear the adhan. When the adhan is completed he comes back, until, when the iqama is said, he retreats again. When the iqama is completed, he comes back, until he comes between a man and his self and says, ‘Think of such and such, think of such and such,’ which he was not thinking about before, until the man does not know how much he has prayed.” (Malik, http://sunnah.com/malik/3/6)
Shaytan eats with you when you dont say bismillah:
Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) was sitting while a man was eating food. That man did not mention the Name of Allah (before commencing to eat) till only a morsel of food was left. When he raised it to his mouth, he said: “Bismillah awwalahu wa akhirahu (With the Name of Allah, in the beginning and in the end).” Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) smiled at this and said, “Satan had been eating with him but when he mentioned the Name of Allah, Satan vomited all that was in his stomach.”(Abu Dawud, Nasai http://sunnah.com/riyadussaliheen/3/5)
Snakes can be jinns, so before you kill it, call to it and give it 3 days warning:
Long hadith ommited (Malik, http://sunnah.com/urn/418530)
Seek refuge from shaytan before having sex so it doesnt harm your baby:
Ibn ‘Abbas reported the Prophet (ﷺ) as saying “If anyone who means to have intercourse with his wife says “In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, keep us away from the devil and keep the devil away from what You hast provided us.” It will be ordained that no devil will ever harm the child born to them.
(Abu Dawud, http://sunnah.com/abudawud/12/116)
Jinns have religions:
Regarding the explanation of the Verse: ‘Those whom they call upon (worship) (like Jesus the Son of Mary, angels etc.) desire (for themselves) means of access to their Lord (Allah) as to which of them should be the nearer and they hope for His Mercy and fear His torment.’ (17.57) They themselves (e.g. Angels, saints, Apostles, Jesus, etc.,) worshipped Allah, Those Jinns who were worshipped by some Arabs became Muslims (embraced Islam), but those human beings stuck to their (old) religion. Al- A`mash said extra: ‘Say, (O Muhammad): Call unto those besides Him whom you assume (to be gods).’ (17.56) (Bukhari, http://sunnah.com/urn/43930)
- Eclipses are to scare us
It was narrated that Abu Bakrah said:
“We were with the Prophet (ﷺ) and the sun became eclipsed. He got up and went to the masjid, dragging his garment in haste. The people stood with him and he prayed two rak’ahs as they usually prayed. When the eclipse ended he addressed us and said ‘The sun and the moon are two of the signs of Allah (SWT), with which He strikes fear into His slaves. They do not become eclipsed for the death or birth of anyone. If you see either of them being eclipsed, then pray and supplicate until it removed it from you.'” (Nasai, http://sunnah.com/nasai/16/44)
- Babies look like mom or dad:
…And if a man’s discharge proceeded that of the woman, then the child resembles the father, and if the woman’s discharge proceeded that of the man, then the child resembles the mother. (Bukhari, http://sunnah.com/urn/41620)
- Babies cry because of devils pricking them:
Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
The crying of the child (starts) when the satan begins to prick him. (Muslim, http://sunnah.com/muslim/43/194)
- Meat rots because of sins of Bani Israel
The Prophet (S) said, “If it was not for the Israelites, meat would not decay. And if it was not for Eve, wives would never betray their husbands.” (Bukhari, http://sunnah.com/bukhari/60/5)